The Aussie captain and owner of the Nusa Dewata is Simon Dale, a former cray fisherman from Western Australia, who’s been surfing Indonesia since the 1970s and the Mentawai islands since 1996. The Nusa Dewata is all about scoring uncrowded surf where the larger charters simply can’t compete.
The Nusa Dewata, was built in 1992 and fully refitted in 2009. Powered by the wind, and a 120 HP main engine, she cruises along at 6-8 knots. If the wind blows, expect the sails to go up and experience some real sailing! One of the coolest Indonesian–built boats in the Mentawai fleet, she accommodates groups of up to six. Perfect for families, father/son, longboarders, bodyboarders and all-girl trips!
Group Size: Max 6 / Min 4 guests (7 on request)
Number of Cabins: 1 cabin
Length of Stay: 10 days surfing / 11 nights on board (trips can be shortened or increased)
Destination: Mentawai Islands, Telo Islands
Surfing Ability: Intermediate to advanced only
A/C: Sleeping Cabin
Photos: USD$ 50 pp
Beers: 3 beers pp / day
Tender: 16′ aluminium dinghy with a 100hp engine
Port: Padang, West Sumatra
Length Overall: 21m
Construction: Wooden hull and deck
Engine: Mitsubishi PS 120 hp
Style: Wooden sloop rigged motor sailor (Indonesian Flag)
Cruise speed: 8 knots
Generator: Onan 8kva/240 volt
Electrical points: 220v power
Note: Satellite phone is available for emergency use only. If guests want to use it for any other reason, you will be charged. Please note, some areas of the Mentawai Islands have mobile signal. Furthermore, some surf resorts have internet access and occasionally it will be possible to use their facilities.
EPIRB – Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon
GPS plotter – Depth Sounder/Fish Finder
Radios – SSB, VHF Radios
Life Jackets & Flares
Life raft for 15 People
Extensive First Aid Kit (with staff on board trained to use it)
Satellite Phone Available
3 large, healthy delicious meals are served each day
A mix of Indonesian and Western cuisine served for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Vegetarians can be catered for.
Snacks, fruit Juices & soft drinks
Unlimited Tea, Coffee and Water
3 beers pp / day included
Additional beers can be purchased in Padang before departure.
* Airport transfers to and from the boat in Padang
* 11 nights on board the Nusa Dewata (single berth) in a/c cabin
* 10 days surfing (Ments, Telos or Ments and Telos. )
* 3 large, healthy delicious meals served each day
* Plenty of snacks, fruit Juices & soft drinks each day
* Unlimited tea, coffee and water each day
* 3 beers pp / day – additional beers will be available for purchase on board
* Speedboat shuttles to the surf from dawn til dusk, all day every day
* Use of fishing and snorkeling equipment
* Fishing & island excursions
* Use of Laptop & IPod
* Use of TV & DVD player
* Use of SUP
* All necessary zone permits.
* US$ 3 a day Mentawai Government Tax
Note: For trips to “both” the Mentawais “and” Telos there’s an extra fuel surcharge of AUD 250 pp. But if you do one or the other there’s no extra fee.
What’s not included
* Photography ($150 pp)
* Mentawai Surfer Tax (IDR 1,000,000 pp)
* Flights to and from Padang
* Hotel in Padang if needed
* Visa Fees and Departure Tax
* Any additional cost resulting from late arrival or the need of early departure
* Use of satellite phone
* Tips for the crew (appreciated but not mandatory)